How Often Should You Vacuum Carpet? It is a frequent question that you might look for the answer to. We all want to beautify our homes with furry carpets and rugs. But if not cleaned properly, they can lose their looks. Would you like your high-pile carpet to lose its softness because the resident dust and debris made it tangle?
Of course not!
On the other hand, if you clean them too much, they may start shedding their fur. This is because beater brush and suction may cause excessive pulling even if you are using Best vacuum cleaner 2021. Knowing How Often Should You Vacuum Carpet is imperative to have the perfect cleaning schedule for your carpeted floors.
Some of you might be vacuuming their floor when they visibly see the dust and pet dander clinging on the floor. But we all know that not all the time can you see the dust and debris on the floor. This is because the dust is residing deep into the carpets and area rugs more often than not.
Experts have agreed that you need to vacuum all your flooring once a week on a minimum. If it takes longer than that, there may happen some health issues. For instance, fleas start making an army, or other allergen particles start to impact you and your family’s health.
There is no denying the fact that you all want to clean your house all the time. But remember, our cleaning schedule impacts the overall cleanliness level in the house.
This article is an essential guide for all of you because we will tell you How Often Should You Vacuum Carpets without damaging them in the process.
How Often Should You Vacuum Carpet –Vacuuming for perfect results
Many of the best vacuums in the market come with multiple comes floor head settings. You can manage these settings according to your floor. To get the perfect results out of your vacuuming job, follow the instruction manual coming with your Best Cordless Stick Vacuum.
A higher setting may not provide enough suction, while lower than required floor height may damage the fur. We recommend that you start at the highest settings and gradually lower it according to the floor need.
How Often Should You Vacuum Carpet -Best practices for vacuuming carpets
Following a few best practices may let you achieve perfect cleaning and, at the same time, maintain the health of your vacuuming machine.
- Make sure you have got the best machine according to the floor type. For instance, you might consider buying the Best Vacuum for Thick & High Pile Carpet or Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair. If you do not have the perfect machine, it is useless to expect perfect results from an average vacuum cleaner.
- Do not run over large objects such as coins, big chunks of food, and other materials. It may be hard to avoid, but remember, if any of these get stuck in the machine, taking care of the maintenance may be a hard nut later on.
- Many machines often let you decide among different floor settings and automatically adjust the beater bar’s height and speed. Make sure to switch to the right mode when moving from a high to low-pile carpet floor.
- If you are suffering from allergies or have fleas in your house, you may think about investing in the Best Vacuum for Fleas. Otherwise, you may look for the HEPA filter in your prospective vacuum cleaner.
- When vacuuming, a clear pattern formed by the vacuuming head on the carpet surface will indicate that you are going in the right direction.
- Usually, it would help if you vacuumed an area twice but in the opposite direction. For instance, if your first round was north to south, the second pass should in the East to West direction, making a pattern of intersection lines.
- Vacuum those areas more frequently that receive more traffic, like the entrance of your house, the living room, stairs, etc. But you might vacuum fewer traffic areas less frequently.
How Often Should You Vacuum Carpet-the Cleaning schedule
Vacuums carpets twice a week
Generally, you may feel nervous about seeing a large fluff gathered in the waste bin. Thinking that vacuuming is ruining the fur, you may not vacuum your carpets as often.
But remember, dirt and grime destroy the carpets more than vacuum. The reason being, the carpets are developed to withstand such vacuuming action.
Moreover, carpets need frequent cleaning because they can trap and camouflage the dust from a naked eye. Only vacuuming will tell you how dirty they were. They readily absorb the spills where the fleas and other bacteria can have fun later.
If you leave the carpets soiled for a long time, the dirt and grime will impact their fibers’ strength. Additionally, cleaning them will become more challenging.
So, we recommend you vacuum them twice a week on average. However, there might be an increase or decrease in the frequency depending on the needs.
Vacuums carpets daily if you have pets
Pet owners love everything about their furry friends. What they don’t like is; cleaning after their excessive shedding of hair, pet dander, and other remnants. Moreover, they can also bring bacteria, allergen, and fleas into your house after they visit a park or an evening stroll.
If you have pets, too, you will need the Best Shark Vacuum for Pet Hair.
Daily vacuuming the floor will help you a lot to keep all these unfriendly particles outsides. If you cannot vacuum the whole house daily, you may target those areas where these floor lovers spend maximum time.
You may be tempted not to clean your carpet if it does not look dirty. But you never know when your carpet is infesting with flea eggs and larvae. So, making a cleaning schedule is not only essential for your family’s health but improving the life of your carpets as well.
Therefore, this article might prove to be a hard-to-miss opportunity for all homeowners. Here you can know everything about How Often Should You Vacuum Carpet scheduling routine, quick tips coupled with best practices.